Visit our dedicated Coronavirus page
From today, the Department for Transport are advising that people may use public transport.
People should walk or cycle if they can, however where this is not possible, people can use public transport or drive.
As the country and parts of the economy now ease from lockdown, the DFT are therefore no longer asking people to “avoid public transport”.
When travelling on public transport, it is important that passengers continue to follow the latest government guidance to ensure they use public transport safely.
- Planning your journey in advance and avoiding the busiest routes, as well as busy times like the rush hour
- Wear a face covering unless you are exempt for age, health or equality reasons
- Maintaining social distancing guidance
- Washing or sanitising your hands regularly
- Be considerate to fellow passengers and staff